We had the joy of celebrating Virginia Kate's 1st birthday yesterday! I got this cute idea from another blog (thank goodness for blogs!!) and I just had to use it because I literally feel like this past year has been a flash before my eyes!!! Where does the time go!?!? This isn't the best pic of the invitation, but it read.... "My oh my how the time does fly! How could 1 year have already gone by?!!" My friend from Nashville, Beth Hart, created it! She has a website and does precious work if you are ever in need of a cute invitation, birth announcement, stationary or christmas card.... click here to see her work! Thanks so much Beth!
This little munchkin was all over the place!! It was hard to get a good pic of her because there was so much going on, and she just wasn't gonna sit still for any photo op!
I made a scrapbook full of all the letters I have written her throughout her first year! A sweet friend, Lisa Yelverton, gave me a box of baby love letters to write VK at different milestones of her first year of life. They are called canopy cards ! This has been one of my favorite things I have done for her this year! I put them all in this scrapbook that I plan on giving her in the future (not sure when)-- also in the scrapbook were pictures of her throughout her first year, and I made these pages for friends to sign at her party so she will see one day how much she is loved!
Her sweet daddy helped me make these block frames... he cut and spray painted all the wood blocks and I glued and painted the clothes pins on to hold the pictures!! Again, another unoriginal idea I stole from a friend!! Jami Dickens made these for a shower we threw together and I thought they were too cute! Super easy DIY project and the pictures I used on them are the ones that are going in the scrapbook!
I had more fun decorating for this party!! It might seem a little over the top for a 1 year old birthday, but I just couldn't help myself!!! It was so much fun!!
Thanks to everyone who helped out with the food! It was definitely a joint effort and I couldn't have done it without yall! The little VK cheese ball toppers were a fun DIY project also... cheap and easy!! All you need is a printer, party hat stickers, tape and tooth pics!! A there ya have it!!
I made her a party hat, because every girl needs a hat for her party!! Ha... she wasn't a fan!! You can see the progression of her taking it off....
And finally... off!!! haha! Again... another thanks to my sweet friend Lindsey who emailed me the pattern for the hat!! Like I said before.... I totally took all these idea from my sweet creative friends!
Did I mention it was Sam's real birthday yesterday?!! Poor guy.... he turned 29 yesterday and we decided to celebrate VK's birthday instead!! Sweet daddy!! He said he wouldn't have it any other way!! I am so blessed to have these 2 in my life. I can't imagine my life without them and I pray for many more birthday celebrations to come!!
Here are Virginia Kate's boyfriends... Pete and Hobson Tashie!! Aren't they precious!!
and her other boyfriend... he came all the way from Oxford just to celebrate with VK... Jack Whelan...so cute!! The party just wore him out!!!!
We had such a full day of fun celebration with family and friends!! Such a blessing that Virginia Kate's 3 GREAT grand parents were also able to attend!!!
Sweet Pete, sharing his water with VK! Such a gentleman!
And now for the cake!! A sweet friend, Carol Shirley bought Virginia Kate her birthday cake!! What a jewel Mrs. Carol is!! She is like VK's 3rd grandmother!! And the inside of the big cake is how we revealed the gender of baby T #2!!! So everyone was eagerly anticipating the cutting of the cake!
She still didn't like the birthday hat!
Make a wish!!!
Digging in to her own personal cake!!
And then the cutting of the big cake!!! And baby T #2 is a.........
GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SISTERS!!!!!!! So fun! I love the next picture, bc you can see the expression on mine and my sister's face!! =) Nothing like having a sister!
We can't wait to meet you little baby GIRL #2!!
Then we opened presents..... If you notice VK is wearing a pink tutu.... it was the first present she opened so we did a wardrobe change!
Her cousin, Morgan was such a good helper, she showed VK how to open all her presents!
VK loved her giraffe pillow.... not to mention, she was WORN out from all the festivities!
There is VK's other cousin Mackenzie... playing with Gigi's glasses!!
Then yet again another wardrobe change into cup cake PJs and waving everyone good bye as they left the party!!
It was such a special day, filled with so many wonderful memories! We are looking forward to our 2nd little bundle of PINK on the way and look forward to doing all this again next year!!! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment