background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Virginia Kate's birthday celebration continues!

I know there has already been one birthday post for VK, but that is because we had her actual birthday party a week early! Yesterday we celebrated Virginia Kate's actual REAL birthday!! It was packed full of activities for the birthday girl! It all started with pictures first thing when she woke up...
Gotta love paci face!! I know I should start trying to wean her off her paci... but secretly I just LOVE that paci face!! It melts my heart!!! 

Then, as her normal daily routine goes, baba in bed with mama and dada! But we referred to it as BIRTHDAY baba yesterday! =) 
Then we headed to the kitchen for birthday breakfast.... OATMEAL (with a candle)!! =) Nothing any different from what she usually eats... but birthdays just make everything a little more special! =) 

Although I failed at the next photo op, her afternoon was spent with her Yia Yia and Papou! VK was born on their wedding anniversary! So it is a VERY VERY special day! So they requested to have her for a few hours in the afternoon and they went on a stroll to the park to celebrate! Happy 42nd anniversary Yia Yia and Papou!!

And of course.... the day would not be complete without a trip to the Grille to have birthday dinner with daddy! He had a table reserved for VK in the bar with a little sign... so fun! 
She ate her dinner, then to top it all off... a birthday cupcake!!
She loved it! 
After a full day of activities, we had to end the day with a birthday bubble bath! 
This was her first bubble bath... and she LOVED it!!

She even tried to eat the bubbles... 
And then disobeying all bath rules... standing up in the tub!! But I just couldn't discipline her on her birthday... so I just got a shot of that chunky booty!!!

Then today her birthday celebration continued with a post-birthday, birthday date with Pete and Hobson Tashie! They invited her to go get yogurt for a birthday treat! 

They even brought a birthday candle for her yogurt!! Such gentlemen!! =) 


Hugs from Petey and Hobs! So sweet! 

More hugs!! 

Hard to believe that this was the 3 munchkins just 1 year ago!!!! The above shot was taken in the hospital room just a day after VK's birth! They grow up WAY TOO FAST!!!!!

Such a fun few days for Virginia Kate! I still can't believe I have a 1 year old!! But what a full year of blessings it has been!! 

          VK- just a few days old                                               VK- 1 year old!!!

We go to the doctor next week for her 1 year appointment... so I am not sure what her weight and height are at this time... but here are a few 1 years stats for now:
Virginia Kate:
- loves sleeping in her bed with her lovie and paci
- sleep from around 7:45- 8:45 (she is a awesome sleeper... many days I wake her up!)
- loves bath time
- loves her baba (bottle)
- love people and socializing (not sure where she gets that from?!)
- loves climbing on EVERYTHING
- can say: dada, yia yia, mama, uh-o, papou, bye bye, baba, hello, baby
- is standing on her own, but not walking yet!! (it won't be long though!!)


































1 comment:

  1. Sheley I loved reading this. Thanks for capturing the details of the day-it is fun to read and see the similarities to our day. Happy birthday to VK!

    ReplyDelete