background

Saturday, December 17, 2011

nursery round 2... complete!

Well, after many indecisive moments about whether or not to have 2 nurseries... nursery #2 is complete! Ahhh! This is actually Virginia Kate's new room. It is slightly bigger than our original nursery and a lot more girly so we thought she would enjoy it! Eventually I want Gracie and Virginia Kate to both share this room one day!
 

I got these frames from Sheffield's antique store in Collierville! If you have never been you need to go! It is a large antique mall that can be very overwhelming bc it is so big! But I always have fun going to browse! These frames were anywhere from $4 to $6 each! I was THRILLED to find them! I then added VK's initials  and a little extra paint to distress them a little more! But it ended up being a very cheap way to fill up a big space above her bed. I do realize it is only a matter of time before she pulls all the frames down! Oh well... its cute for now! 



We decided to go with a sweet roman shade for the windows! I was thrilled with how they turned out! Also, this room has a slight birdie theme. Although I am not a huge fan of "themed" rooms... I do love little birdies... I have them all over my house! And again... thanks to Katherine Allen for finding the bedding for me at pottery barn outlet! It was the inspiration for the room! 


And it wouldn't be Virginia Kate's room without all her "bebes" and stuffed animals! 

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh, I cannot believe how good it looks!!! You must have been busy!! I am sure the girls will love their new rooms :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cute! Only a few more days until you are a momma to two sweet girls! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete