background

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas baby!


Well... we have made it to DECEMBER!!!!! December has always been my favorite month of the year because I just LOVE Christmas!! Every part of it! From celebrating the birth of baby Jesus and the advent season, to all the sparkly lights and decorations, to Christmas carols, to hot chocolate and spiced tea and ginger bread houses, to Santa and his elves! I just love every part about it! This December has even been more anxiously awaited as we have been expecting the birth of our 2nd child Gracie! Well... I feel like we are in the home stretch!! December 1st has arrived!!!! =) I am now going to the doctor weekly and had my 36 week appointment yesterday! Gracie seems to be doing great!! Kicking like a little soccer player and keeping me very uncomfortable!! She is still breech (which has been the case since our 20 week ultra sound)!! Thus, they have scheduled me for a c-section on December 21st at 7:00 AM!!!! Every part of this pregnancy has been TOTALLY different than my pregnancy with Virginia Kate. So I am not surprised in the least that the delivery is going to be totally different too! With VK I went into labor on my own 2 weeks early, labored for a while and pushed for 5 hours until VK made her arrival into this world! This on the other hand seems very odd and wayyyyy to easy, knowing that on December 21st, I will have to set my alarm, wake up super early, shower and head to the hospital for a very scheduled delivery! So very different than my first birth experience! One of my friends gave me some great advice that has stuck with me ever since I was pregnant with Virginia Kate.. she told me that no matter what kind of "birth plan" you have, your child will make their way into this world the way the Lord plans it!! That has been such great advice for me because if I could have it my way, I would choose to go into labor on my own and not have to do anything scheduled (I LOVED the spontaneity of VKs arrival)!! But this is not the case this time around due to Gracie's position! And I am ok with that!! I am so thrilled to get to meet this precious baby girl and hopefully bring her home by Christmas Eve!!! Virginia Kate is literally getting a SISTER for Christmas this year! =) I covet your prayers for our little Christmas baby! Let the count down begin!!!! 3 weeks to go until our party of 3 becomes a party of 4!! =)

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to meet her!!! It will be a wonderful Christmas present for us all! I love her and I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We are looking forward to meeting Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! so excited for you!!!! i sorta love that the pregnancies have been so different! i bet they have such different personalities, too!

    ReplyDelete