background

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 84th Birthday Bop!! (and Happy 4th of July!)

The 4th of July is a very special day in our family! Both of my sweet grandfathers were born on the 4th!! Through the years we try to have family celebrations on the 4th, to celebrate the freedom we have as Americans and the lives of my precious grandfathers- Jack and Bop! This year Bop turned 84 years young! I was so honored to get to host his birthday party at my home! We ate LOTS of BarBQ... smoked on the green egg by my father. SOOOOO YUMMY DAD! We also had lots of other 4th favorites such as fruit salad, tomato and cucumber salad, baked beans, deviled eggs and to end the day, caramel cake and banana pudding (Gran's recipe)! It was so yummy and I am still STUFFED!! 
Mimi and Bop and their little dog SueSue!

Bop and his girls! 

Mom and Dad!

Haha... this picture makes me laugh... I still can't believe this is what I look like from the side! 
Preggo Prom Pose! ;)

The Bump!!- 9 weeks to go!!!

The day was ended with a fun gathering of good friends at our housE! Sadly, we were having so much fun we forgot to take a picture!! But Josh and Mary Kate Whelan drove from Oxford to spend the night, Sara Tyson and Samuel Husband and Katherine Allen all came over! The boys smoked cigars and ate leftovers, while the girls sat on the porch and chatted about life to the crackle of fireworks in the background!! Such a fun night! Sam and I have been blessed with wonderful, FUN friends! 

1 comment:

  1. yay for the blog!!!!! LOVE it! now I can add you to my blogger list :) Had so so much fun the other night and can't wait to meet my new "niece"
    -Mare

    ReplyDelete