background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Christmas to remember!!

Warning: This blog posting contains an obnoxious amount of pictures! We took so many I had a hard time deciding which to post or not to post so ALOT are posted! This blog post is mainly a memory jogger for me because this Christmas this year was literally a big BLUR coming home from the hospital on Christmas Eve eve! But it was definitly a Christmas to remember with our newest little Christmas blessing, Gracie and our 16 month old Virginia Kate! 

This might be my favorite picture of all time...


My girls with their Gigi! 

 Needless to say, everyone came to our house this Christmas! We usually go to my parents but there was just too much going on so they so graciously came to us! It was very laid back and very fun!

My dad had a huge surprise for me when I came home from the hospital...He brought my grandmother's Christmas village to my house and set it up in my dining room. This might not seem like that big of a deal...but I grew up LOVING looking at my Gran's Christmas village all set up... it brings back so many wonderful childhood memories! Not to mention I was VERY close to my grandmother and I miss her DEARLY!! It hasn't been set up since she passed away back in 2007. So you can imagine the emotion I felt when I walked in my dining room and saw it all set up! I immediatly burst into tears like a baby when I saw it! Possibly one of the sweetest labors of love ever! Thanks Dad! You will never know how much that meant to me!! 

 This little munckin definitly adds so much joy to our lives! Look at that silly girl! I love her! 
 VK loving some time with Mae Mae! 
 This is pretty much the way Gracie spent all of Christmas... she was exhausted from her entrance into this world! Its a hard life! 
 Sweet baby...
 Uncle Buck getting some baby G time! 
 As you can see... we had a VERY informal Christmas eve dinner! I didn't even make it out of my PJs! The meal was so wonderful... and Sam even busted out a fancy bottle of wine for the wonderful occasion! 
 Please get the camera out of my face!!
 Sam doing his Santa duties! Who knew it would take a good 30 minutes to put together a baby doll stroller!! whew! 
 Santa went a little over board this year... thank you Gigi and Jack! 
 Christmas morning shot of my girls! They are ready to see what Santa brought! (Ha... funny thing is neither one even knows who Santa is!!)
 And yes... we still do the traditional picture on the stairs at 5AM... yep little Robert still wakes us all up at 5AM and how old are we again?! 
 Virginia Kate eyes her baby doll stroller for the first time... 
 I think she likes it...
 Yup... she knows just what to do with it! 
 Showing it off to everyone.....
 Robert excited about a new good read...
 typical dad.....
 Gigi enjoying her coffee, Gracie and watching VK enjoy her new table and chairs! 
 And it wouldn't be Christmas with out a mullet wig!! Yep, Robert got a mullet wig for Christmas and might I say I was jealous of this gift!! It was an amazing wig!
 Hilarious....
 Mary McCadden's favorite gift... a painting of her dog... Jok
 Tired mama helping VK open some gifts! 
\
Even Gigi tried on the wig...
 Then we headed to Yia Yia and Papou's a little later for more Christmas festivities! VK not so excited to have her picture taken! 

 But she was very excited to open some gifts from Uncle James! 

 VK wearing her vintage Christmas dress that her Yia Yia bought her!

 And last but not least... our Christmas day marathon ended at Sam's Uncle Pete's house for Christmas dinner! This was Sam's grandmother's first time to meet Gracie... precious moment. 

 I still can't believe she is 91 years old!! I only hope I look half this good! 
 Sweet hands...
 We got lots of great family photos! 
 so typical....

 This is about as good as it gets for a family photo these days! 
 Uncle Pete took an old toy of Sam's from when he was little and rebuilt it to working order for VK for Christmas... it is a little barking dog... she was very intrigued...

 She thought the little dog was so funny! 


 And it is so true... every child is just as happy playing with the box the toys come in!! 
 VK had lots of fun playing with Jack on the bouncy ball! 

 While Gracie just enjoyed doing this....
 And VK got thrown around by her daddy... she had lots of entertainment!! 
 Taras Family shot! 
 Farris family shot! 

 Jan and Uncle Pete enjoying a little Gracie time! 
 And once again VK being thoroughly entertained by Jack...
 Or was it Jack being entertained by VK???
Needless to say, we had a very Merry Christmas with many wonderful memories! 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Taras Family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment