background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

5 years!!

I can't believe I am writing a post about the fact that I've been married for 5 years!!!! Where does the time go?!?!? Time flies when your having fun! ;) I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me to marry my best friend! I will say though, marriage hasn't always been easy! We have both had our struggles through it, and are by no means perfect spouses. But the best part about it is-- we have a perfect God who loves us more than we even imagine and is the great redeemer of all things imperfect! It is only through the Lord and his perfect grace that makes marriage possible! Bc when it all boils down to it we are extremely selfish people! I have seen more of my own sin in the past 5 years than I have in my whole life! But thankfully the Lord is always in the business of sanctification! I am so thankful for Sam and his influence and leadership in my life! I am so blessed to have him as the daddy of my girls and my prayer for my girls is that one day they would find a husband that loves the Lord like Sam does and treats them like Sam treats me!!! The morning of our anniversary there was only one little glimmer of sunlight shining in our den and just happened to be shining right on our 1 of 3 wedding pics still up that hasn't been replace yet with a picture of vk! ;) It was so cool and such a sweet reminder that if God isn't the light of our lives and our marriage we will fail! It is only through His redemptive work on the cross that we are able to let our light shine before others so as to reflect the glory of our creator! I pray that the remainder of our marriage would be a reflection of the Lord --- bc without Him we are nothing!



"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life!"-- John 8:12

On a lighter note... Sam celebrated our anniversary for me all week! With flowers 2 days before our anniversary!


I cooked him his favorite breakfast the morning of! Truthfully the way to a mans heart is through his stomach! At least this is true with sam!!
Sausage, cream cheese casserole thing-- not really sure if it has a real name but it's pretty much the easiest breakfast ever!! And he loves it!


This was written on my mirror when I woke up! Guess I won't be using that lipstick tube anymore! Ha!



And for dinner he surprised me and took me to Felicia Suzanne's downtown! It was so yummy!! :) and there he gave me a really sweet letter which told me to pick out a chandelier for our new dining room!! Which I am soooo excited about!!! -- this was the pic he drew in the letter! So artistic! He spoiled me rotten!


Sorry if that was so cheesy and boring! I'm just so thankful for Sam Taras and had to share!
-Sheley Taras

No comments:

Post a Comment