background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th Festivities!

Our 4th of July was jam packed with activities! I have to first add that the 4th is one of my favorite holidays! Both of my grandfathers, Bop and Jack, share the 4th for their birthdays. So the 4th of July has always held a special place in my heart! Jack (my dad's father) passed away when I was in 8th grade, I still miss him so much!! He was so strong in his faith and loved to spend time with his family! And this year Bop (my mom's dad) turned 85 years old!! I can't believe it!! He doesn't look or act his age at all! He is such a sweet man and both of these men hold a very special place in my heart. I have  been so blessed with such Godly men in my life and I am so thankful for my Bop and my Jack!!

This year our 4th was packed with festivities that started at 10 in the morning! The Oaks neighborhood parade kicked off the day! We decorated VK's stroller with a flag and headed to the parade...

All the kids decorated their bikes and strollers for the big parade! Such a patriotic way to begin the day! 


The parade followed the festive range rover! =)

We ended the parade in the cove where the kids played in the sprinkler and ate popsicles! The popsicles were a huge crowd pleaser in the heat! 


VK was a huge fan! =) 


Then we headed to Sam's Uncle Pete's house for ribs!! YUMMMY! 
VK played the keyboard with Yia Yia! 

Never a dull moment with Sam and Uncle James!


This baby girl loves her Papou! 

Will you look at that belly!?!!? It's a shame no one feeds her! 

Then time for the photo shoot!! Thank you Gigi for buying Virginia Kate such festive attire for the big day! Wish we could have spent some time with yall on the 4th! 




"Mom, please get this camera out of my face!!!"


The day ended with an all American cookout at our house!

Nothing screams America more than a good ole hot dog and hamburger!! YUMMY!

The guys found their way to the den to watch Rocky! So manly!


While the girls made their way to the porch!! 


Look at this all American couple! So patriotic! 


Sara Tyson made an amazing dessert! And it is super healthy with the strawberries on top!! I want some more right this very second! 
It was such a fun night with great friends! Thank you Lord for the men who have given their lives so selflessly to fight for our freedom! I am proud to be an American!!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful 4th of July celebration!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment