I am going to go ahead and say that the past year, and especially towards the end of 2012 was a pretty dark place for me. I have never struggled with anxiety or depression before, until last year. I am very thankful for the friends and family the Lord put in my life to bring this to light for me. God has been so gracious through this very humbling time in my life. Through the help of great friends, a very supportive husband, counseling, prayers and yes... medication, I am beginning to come out of the funk!
I am learning more and more every day that this life is HARD!! Sometimes being a mom is hard. Sometimes being a wife is hard. Sometimes being a nurse is hard! Sometimes being a friend is hard! Life can be soooo hard. We have had some really hard things going on with people in our church and community lately. Things that I can't even imagine going through!!
I am so thankful that in this life, as Christians, we have the hope of the gospel! I have learned more than anything, that when I am weak (which is ALWAYS), He is strong. He knows my darkest hour and goes there with me. He is so faithful, even in our weaknesses. He is constant. His love in never failing. I don't know where I would be without Jesus in my life and without the hope of eternity with him. This world is not our home!
I have been reading a book someone recommended to me called, Red Sea Rules. Oh the truth nuggets that book holds! One of my favorite quotes from the book is this, "The reality of the Red Sea, in a word, is this: God will always make a way for his tired, yet trusting, children, even if he must split the sea to do it...The same God who led you in will lead you out." I so quickly forget that God is powerful enough to SPLIT THE RED SEA! I can't even wrap my mind around that power! He always provides a way for his children. He wants us to rest in him and his provision for our lives. He wants us to BELIEVE that He is enough and we can trust him! What a friend we have in Jesus! Robert Morgan also quoted John Calvin in the Red Sea Rules, and I love this quote... "When the light of divine providence has once shone upon a godly man, he is then relieved and set free not only from the extreme anxiety and fear that were pressing him before, but from every care." What hope we have knowing that God is in control and we are not! You have no idea how thankful I am for that!!
I just wanted to share a little of my struggles lately. I don't even know who reads this blog, but I hope it can be an encouragement. God is good and even through the hardest times he is faithful! He has used these past few months to draw me close and there is no place I would rather be.
One more quote from the Red Sea Rules, then I am done, I promise... just please go get this book and read it! It is so, so good! ....
"So whether you are on the upper side or the underside of the storm, whether you are on the east bank or the west bank of the Red Sea, God will make a way. And as He does, don't forget to praise Him."Robert Morgan
One more quote from the Red Sea Rules, then I am done, I promise... just please go get this book and read it! It is so, so good! ....
"So whether you are on the upper side or the underside of the storm, whether you are on the east bank or the west bank of the Red Sea, God will make a way. And as He does, don't forget to praise Him."Robert Morgan
Welcome back, and thanks for sharing! So thankful for the hope of the gospel!
ReplyDelete