Virginia Kate turned 2 last month! I can't believe that she is already 2!! Time is flying by! I feel like I say that every time I post! One of my favorite things to do is sneak into their rooms and take pictures of them the morning of their birthdays! (Well I haven't done it yet for Gracie, but we are making it a tradition in the Taras house). Here she is... my big 2 year old!
At age 2, Virginia Kate loves:
-doing EVERYTHING by herself "like a big girl"
-SHOES
- her lolo (lion lovie)
- her paci (she is only using it at naps and bedtime)
-to color
-Gracie (they have the sweetest relationship and I love how VK takes care of G-bug)
- her bedtime routine (reading a Bible story, then singing "I love you, Lord", then saying prayers, then getting tucked in)
-watching movies
-singing
-dancing
-her sweet friends
Waiting on her birthday breakfast!
We had a few of her friends over for a "look whooooooos turning 2" party! That is supposed to be an owl in the center of the table... it looks more like a baby chick! Oh well! I tried!
Sam met a lady at our restaurant who offered to make VK's birthday cake! It turned out ADORABLE!!!
VK sporting her "muffin man" hat that Khaki gave her!
Not really sure what I am looking at, but its a cute pic of Sam and VK!
craziness...
VK got a new kitchen for her birthday!
She had lots of help opening presents!
Love this one... she is all dressed up in her "muffin man" gear... helping her daddy grill out! Making him so proud! Future in the restaurant biz? Sam hopes so!! =)
Gracie bug had fun just bouncing and watching all the action!
Lots of fun playing on the stairs! Daddy- duty!
VK showing her daddy her football throwing skills... not sure how safe that is on the stairs!?
It was a very fun day for Virginia Kate!
Her Yia Yia and Papou also threw her a family party for the Taras clan! Vks birthday lasted for a few days! It had a tea party theme! Yia Yia loves playing tea party with VK!
Three generations of "Katherines."
Katherine Futris (great-grandmother)
Mary Katherine Taras (grandmother)
Virginia Katherine Taras
VK showing Uncle Pete and Aunt Jan how old she is!
Vk standing in her gift from Yia Yia... her inclosed stool so she can wash her hands by herself without falling... so practical! I will say, it so far has been VK's favorite gift bc she can do everything on her own, "like a big girl" as she says! Little miss independent!! =)
The celebration continued.... Gigi put on a joint birthday party in Clarksdale for VK and Morgan and Mackenzie! The twins are exactly a year and a day older than VK! What a blessing to get to share these special moments with them! What a blessing that they are a part of our lives! My heart is so full as I post these pictures... GOD IS SO GOOD!
Mackenzie is on the left, Morgan is on the right!
Mackenzie, Morgan and VK all petting the cat! Look at all those curls! Those 3 are definitely related! =)
One proud Gigi and 2 proud great-aunts with the Gracie bug!
Mackenzie waiting patiently for the cake! A Sally Chow Farris family tradition cake from Clarksdale! Sally Chow made all my birthday cakes growing up! Fun to get to carry on this same tradition with my girls!
My sweet Aunt Leah rented this for the girls to play on... THE BLUE MONSTER!
The girls had a blast... they loved the splash pool the best!
I ended up getting in with my clothes on by the end of the day! No documentation of it but I just couldn't resist!!
VK climbing up!
Three birthday cousins!
Then Gigi surprised everyone by dressing up like a clown! I haven't always been a big fan of clowns, but this clown outfit has alot of meaning! My Gran (who passed away 6 years ago) made this clown outfit and wore it to my 3rd birthday party! And mom tracked the outfit down and showed up as Gigi the clown for the girls birthday!! It will always be a special memory! Thanks Gigi!
The little girls weren't quite sure what to think at first!
This was such a fun day! And I can definitely say, Virginia Kate's birthday was celebrated to the fullest!







LOVE that bed head! What an adorable owl cake and party. Happy late bday Virginia Kate!
ReplyDelete