Happy 30th Birthday, Sam!!!
I wanted Sam's 30th birthday to be memorable! I knew I would probably enjoy throwing Sam a 30th birthday party more than he would enjoy it, so I opted for something a little different! So, I surprised Sam by planning a little 3 night getaway to St. Louis for just the two of us! And it was a blast!! I wanted to go somewhere within driving distance and St. Louis was the perfect place! It is a really easy drive from Memphis, only about 5 hours and it is a straight shot! We got there early Sunday and our first stop was Six Flags... per Sam's request! I didn't have my camera in the park but we did have a good time! We then left and checked in at our hotel...
I honestly could have stayed at the hotel the whole time! It was AMAZING! Talk about pampered... we were pampered from the moment we checked it!! Immediately on arrival, they delivered Sam a "Happy Birthday" butterfly cupcake! It was quite girly, but a nice gesture! =)
The pool was amazing! I would have been happy to sit by the pool all day... It was so relaxing!
This was also our view from our room! Just beautiful!
I loved it because Sam waits on people for a living, and for his 30th, I wanted him to be the one to get waited on!! I wanted him to be on the receiving side of service! And boy, did they do it right!! We even got massages! It was quite the relaxing vacay!
Our first night in St. Louis we ate dinner at Charlie Gittos! Thanks to whoever recommended this restaurant! It was a traditional Italian restaurant and was delish!! The lasagna was to die for!
The next day we started off with a wonderful breakfast at Rooster. We ended up eating there two of the mornings we were there! Their speciality was crepes and they were so yummy!
Then we headed to the City Museum which words can't even describe our experience!! It brought our inner child out and we can't wait to get to bring the girls back one day!! It is like a 11 story obstacle course! It is like nothing I have ever experienced!! We had a blast!
Our second night out we restaurant hopped, starting with apps by the pool at the hotel, then we went from there! It was fun getting to try tastes of a few different restaurants! We ate at a place called Modesto (on the hill) - it was a tappas type of restaurant, then we finished downtown at Mosaic!
The next day we shopped around a little bit, then headed to the Budweiser brewery! So fun!
Sam doing a little beer tasting!
We also went to Ted Drewes for frozen custard! Oh my! It was amazing! My pic from that is on my phone! We tried to do all the "must dos" of St. Louis and Ted Drewes is definitely a MUST!! =)
We ended his actual birthday night at the Cardinals game! What a fun atmosphere!! Go Cards!
I love him!
Our last, but not least, stop on the trip the morning we were leaving was to visit the Arch! This beautiful park is at the base of the Arch! The trees were gorgeous!
A view from the base of the Arch! Pure stainless steel... when I see things like this monument, I am always so intrigued by the genius behind such a structure! Amazing!
A view of the city from the top of the Arch! Picture perfect!
It was so fun getting to be with just Sam for 4 straight days! We haven't gone away without the girls ever! And as much as I love them, I LOVED having Sam all to myself with no little distractions! It was a little strange not having our day dictated by a feeding/nap schedule, but it was so nice!! I forgot what it is like not to function in 3 hour increments! It was nice to get away and relax together! I am so thankful for the 30 years of Sam's life! He is such a blessing to so many people and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for his next 30 years! If you are looking for a fun getaway we highly recommend St. Louis!! And we look forward to the day when we get to take the girls there!


.jpg)


This looks SO fun! Happy bday Sam!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures- definitely makes me want to go there! Happy belated birthday Sam!
ReplyDelete